TARA ♥ DIY PROJECTS
In every store, in every town, wherever you look nowadays you can see lots of bracelets. Colorful bracelets are so much fun and work great with the everyday look, both for the day and night. I´m a huge of Do- It- Yourself project and I found this great and easy tutorial at Honestly…WTF. What do you guys think? Cute right?
ALL YOU NEED IS:
1.5 yards of waxed linen cord
50 – 70 size 8/o seed beads
a 10-13mm two hole button
1. Cut the waxed linen cord into a 26″ and 19″ piece. Fold the longer strand in half. Align one end of the shorter strand with both ends of the longer strand. Fold the excess over the top of the folded piece creating two parallel loops.
2. Tie a knot about half an inch down from the loops. Snip off the extra fourth strand, leaving 3 equal strands of equal length.
4. Push the bead against the base of the braid, and cross the left strand over the middle. Now thread another bead onto the outer right strand. Push it to the base of the braid and crossover.
5. Keep a finger at the base of the braid, holding the beads in their place and keeping the braid tight. Continue threading on beads before each strand is crossed over.
6. Finish the bracelet with another inch of braided cord, measuring it against the wrist. Tie a knot.
7. Thread on a two hole button – two strands through one hole and one strand through another. Secure it with another knot.
8. Trim the end.
STEP 9- FINISH
9. Your bracelet is finished! Try using different colored waxed linen and beads.